Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Welcome!

I guess I should first try to articulate what the mission for Mambi Watch should be. I would say that my main goal is to analyze, the best way I can, the local/national media climate and then critique it. I call this blog Mambi Watch because my analysis will focus on the local broadcasts about Cuba and tangential issues.

My mission is not to simply say that the local news outlets, when covering Cuba, are wrong, but rather to analyze their coverage and see if there is a diverse set of opinions and a standard of objectivity, not bias.

I think we can all agree, at some level, that our news media is biased in some way. I am but another person who has chosen to analyze the news, but with a specific focus on the local South Florida news and local Spanish news, concerning the coverage on Cuba and tangential concerns about the island.

No comments: